Book Review - Girl, Serpent, Thorn by: Melissa Bashardoust & Kiss Number 8 by: Colleen Venable

 

 I recently finished a new Young Adult Fiction book by Melissa Bashardoust called Girl, Serpent, Thorn. It was an amazing fantasy novel with a fairy tale twist. The mail character is a princess or monster depending on who you ask and the story follows her as she tries to break her curse and find her place in her kingdom. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire book and had me staying up way past my bedtime to see what happened next. I love that this book took the traditional female princess role and flipped it with this curse. It covers family secrets, despair, hope, love, heartbreak, and evil all in 322 pages!

My next recently read recommendation is by Colleen Venable called Kiss Number 8. This Young Adult Graphic Novel follows a girl in high school as she discovers who she really is. It takes a few kisses to get to the one that makes her realize where her heart really is and the journey of heartbreak she goes through to get to that discovery. This book took me right back to that time in my life and reminded me that even when things seem like they cannot get any worse, they will change. Life is funny like that and what you think is the most important thing in the world right now, you might not even remember 5,10, 15 years from now. 299 pages goes faster than you think with this book. 

These books and many other new releases are available for check out today. I hope to see you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Official Teen Advisory Group Blog

The more you know....

Book Review - Ghost Boys by: Jewell Parker Rhodes - October's Teen Book Club choice